Application deadline August 31
Briercrest College and Seminary and One Hope (formerly CSSM) have enjoyed a relationship since the formation of Briercrest Bible Institute in 1935. The leadership of BCS and One Hope recognizes that one of the greatest barriers to students giving their summer to volunteer at a Bible Camp is finances. In response, BCS and One Hope have partnered to create $2,000 scholarships targeted for students who choose to serve at One Hope camps. It is hoped that these scholarship funds will increase the number of BCS students serving at a One Hope camp and will encourage students to place themselves in an environment where they can apply their learning to life and ministry.
In addition to the One Hope camps in the areas listed above, Briercrest also has agreements with Southern Alberta Bible Camp and Camp Homewood which reflect the same criteria and desires.
- Students must attend BCS as full-time dorm, college or seminary students.
- Students must maintain a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester in the year the scholarship is awarded to maintain eligibility.
- Students must have a GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Students must be recommended by their Camp Director.
- Students must indicate their intention to return to serve at the sponsoring camp the following summer.
- Awards are limited to One Hope camps, Southern Alberta Bible Camp, and Camp Homewood.
- Students may receive this award more than once.
- Students whose parents qualify for BCS employee scholarships are not eligible for the Briercrest portion of the award.
This is a matching scholarship. Camps contribute $1,000 and BCS will match the award.
Applications are initiated by the Camp Director.
Camp Directors please submit completed applications to the Student Finance Office. email@example.com.