Senior Development Officer/Constituent Relations
Job PostingsTuesday, February 6, 2018
This position will serve as a relationship ambassador for Briercrest College and Seminary, uniquely capitalizing on the institution’s long history with its constituency consisting of over 23,000 alumni, in addition to other generous supporters, corporate and foundation contributors and collaborators.
- Experience in major gifts fundraising plus proven history in other Development work preferred.
- Undergraduate degree preferred. (A combination of equivalent experience and training will be considered.)
- Preference given to an alumnus of Briercrest.
- Must enjoy travel and building/maintaining new relationships.
- Additional certifications would be preferable, i.e. CFRE, AFP.
- To work closely with Development in advancing relationships to encourage generosity towards Briercrest.
- To build new relationships with alumni and friends who are or become supporters of Briercrest.
- To re-establish and deepen existing and former relationships with alumni and friends who are supporters of Briercrest.
- To provide leadership in helping to establish organizational clusters of alumni and friends of Briercrest.
- To work with Briercrest colleagues in the advancement of alumni strategies of the Chief Advancement Officer.
- To liaise with faculty, staff, and other volunteers in supporting external relationships with Briercrest.
- To provide leadership for specific functions in the Office of Development as assigned by the Coordinator of Development.
- To ensure personal strategic contacts that seek to move the relationship with Briercrest forward.
- To build and maintain a relationship portfolio of individuals and organizations with major gift potential.
- To ensure face-to-face, phone, email, and social media contacts.
- This position is part of the Office of Development and will report to the Coordinator of Development.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, résumé/CV, names of three references and any specified documents by email to the Human Resources office at email@example.com.
All employees of Briercrest College and Seminary are required to sign and adhere to our Institutional Covenant. Please review the covenant prior to submitting your application.