Get a well-rounded education built on a biblical foundation. Briercrest's partnership with Saskatchewan Polytechnic allows our students to obtain a business diploma as well as a BA Business Administration.
This program is a great option for students who want to study business from a Christian worldview. Study the Bible, theology, and arts and sciences along with business theory and practice. Draw from a broad understanding of business as you specialize in one of six Sask Poly concentrations.
Apply now to begin, or view our concentrations below.
This program, in partnership with Saskatchewan Polytechnic, is designed to provide students with a well-rounded business education that is rooted in and enhanced by Biblical Studies, Theology, and Arts and Science. Upon graduation, business majors are equipped to serve both Christian and secular organizations. Students will obtain a business diploma from Saskatchewan Polytechnic as well as a Bachelor of Arts Business Administration from Briercrest. Saskatchewan Polytechnic is a province-wide network of post-secondary training institutions that has a graduate placement rate consistently above 90 per cent.
This degree is designed to give students an overview of the field of business while specializing in one particular area. The specializations offered at Saskatchewan Polytechnic Moose Jaw Campus are:
- financial services (banking)
- human resource management
Past graduates have pursued many types of careers including that of a business manager, entrepreneur, accountant, service technician, banking service provider, and business development consultant.
Graduates of the BA Business Administration will be able to:
- Demonstrate broad competencies in business fields and specialized competencies in marketing, accountancy, administration, financial services, or human resource management.
- Articulate a thoughtful understanding of ethics in business.
- Apply economic theory to interpret and analyze business-related issues.
The BA Business Administration in partnership with Saskatchewan Polytechnic is a 120 credit hour degree program in which students spend 3 years studying at Briercrest and 1 year at Saskatchewan Polytechnic Moose Jaw campus. This degree requires the completion of 60 credit hours of major requirements. The BA Business Administration requires a minimum of 24 credit hours of 300+ course work within the context of a 120 credit hour degree.Credit Hours: 120
I. Required for Saskatchewan Polytechnic Concentration (60 credit hours):1
ADM 367 Principles of Leadership and Administration2*
BU 201 Introduction to Marketing
BU 211 Financial Accounting*
BU 214 Professional and Technical Writing*
BU 350 Human Resource Management*
CMP 315 Management Information Systems:
ECON 100 Microeconomics*
ECON 101 Macroeconomics*
MATH 110 Financial Mathematics*
STAT 200 Introduction to Statistical Methods
BU 400 Senior Business Seminar
Students choose one of the following concentrations (30 credit hours transferred from SKPT):
Financial Services (Banking)
Human Resource Management
PRT 400 Senior Portfolio
SL 1-4 Service and Experiential Learning
1. Completion of a diploma through Saskatchewan Polytechnic is a graduation requirement for the BA Business Administration with the Saskatchewan Polytechnic Concentration at Briercrest.
2. Courses marked with an asterisk* are helpful to be taken prior to the Saskatchewan Polytechnic year.
In addition, all Bachelor of Arts degrees require the completion of Briercrest's core curriculum.
Adjunct Professor of Business Administration
Distinguished Professor of Leadership and Management
You may also be interested in
- Graphic designer
- Insurance broker
- Human resources manager
- Business manager
Potential Graduate Programs
- MA Leadership and Management at Briercrest Seminary
- Master of Accounting
- Leadership Certification
- Master of Financial Insurance
- Master of Human Resource Management
- Master of Business Administration
- MSc Marketing