Applicants wishing to be accepted into Briercrest College as a full-time or part-time student must:
Review Admission Requirements
- Be a professing and practicing Christian.
- This includes understanding and respecting the Briercrest Statement of Faith.
- Commit to live by the standards set out by Briercrest College and Seminary.
- This includes agreeing to live by the Briercrest College Student Responsibilities and Expectations
- Have earned a high school diploma with a minimum average of 65 per cent in five approved courses which must include a grade of at least 60 per cent in one academic English course.
- Complete and submit all portions of the College Application Portfolio.
Take a detailed look by reading our full admission requirements.
In cases where a student applies to Briercrest College and does not meet the academic admissions requirements the Admissions Committee reserves the right to offer a conditional acceptance.
The five approved courses that applications will be judged upon shall consist of the following: three courses from List A below; and two courses from List A or List B below.
List A: “Academic” disciplines at Grade 12 level
- Christian Ethics or World Religions
- Classical or International Languages (e.g., Japanese, Greek, Spanish, etc.)
- Computer Science
- History or Social Studies
- Indigenous Studies
- Natural Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, etc.)
- Social Sciences (Economics, Psychology, etc.)
List B: “Other approved” disciplines at Grade 12 level
- Art or Arts Education
- Band or Orchestra
- Practical and Applied Arts
- Physical Education
- Visual Arts
If a student applies to Briercrest College and does not meet the general admission requirements, the student may, in certain cases, be offered a conditional acceptance based on available resources in our Student Success Centre.
A conditional acceptance will consist of the following:
- Students will be able to register for a maximum of 12 credit hours in their first two (2) semesters at Briercrest. Students will be required to register for ENG 100 Literature and Composition I in their first semester.
- Students will meet with an academic coach on a weekly basis for the first two (2) semesters at Briercrest. The academic coach will be an employee of the Academic Resource Centre and will help to prepare students for college academics. The cost for these weekly sessions is $200 per semester and will be charged to the student's account at the beginning of the semester.
- Briercrest College financial awards, scholarships, or bursaries are not available until the conditional acceptance is removed.
- Conditions persist until a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 or greater (63%-66% grade average) is achieved.
The Enrolment Services Office reserves the right to request further information at any point during the application process before an acceptance decision is made (e.g., educational assessments, references).