Briercrest College & Seminary is a community of learning that calls students to seek the kingdom of God, to be shaped profoundly by the Scriptures and to be formed spiritually and intellectually for lives of service.
The mission of the BCS Academic Services office is to provide excellent student support and service to all BCS students in the areas of academic advising, registration, financial services, records, and general academic information. The accurate, courteous, and timely response to all inquiries is vital in accomplishing the mission of Academic Services.
The Academic Services office is an environment with many administrative functions and needs. The Administrative Specialist plays an essential support role in the ongoing activities of the office. This is a role which requires working closely with students and employees from various departments in the organization. The successful applicant will be one who learns quickly, adapts easily, and enjoys working for students and in a team environment.
Note: This position is 30 hours per week.
- Actively supports the mission and vision of BCS.
- Desire and ability to support the Registrar in accomplishing the educational mission of BCS.
- Ability to build and maintain systems and processes necessary to accomplish the educational mission of BCS effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Experience in a role of increasing complexity and responsibility.
- Enjoys working for students as well as performing administrative tasks.
- Works well within a team, possessing strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Competently utilizes relevant software tools (i.e., MS Office and BEAM).
- Possesses strong organizational and administrative skills and is able to complete projects autonomously.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain student records, including the distribution of official Briercrest transcripts.
- Graduation – booklet, parchments, banquet details, etc.
- Understand and support policy and process.
- Process student requests, exam conflicts, current student lists, student absences, scanning, filing.
- Update Key Dates and Deadlines documents and course timetable template.
- Manage room bookings for all classrooms in the academic building using Outlook.
- Support the Student Financial Advisor as identified – may include confirmation of enrolment forms as well as other duties or process development as required.
- Collaborate with ongoing process development.
- Direct and filter incoming phone calls, emails, and traffic to appropriate resources.
- Accept submitted forms and documents and deliver to appropriate resources.
- Filter student requests and advising questions regarding course selection and programs.
- Manage the stationary supply for the Academic Services office.
- Manage the Academic Services Inbox in MS Outlook.
- Communicate important information from Academic Services to all college and seminary students, through mass emailing, social media, and authoring chapel announcements.
- Create brochures, signs, booklets, or newsletters using Publisher.
- Review web pages on a regular rotation to ensure academic information is current.
- The Administrative Specialist reports to the Registrar.
- The Administrative Specialist functions as part of the Academic Services team.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, résumé/CV, names of three references and any specified documents by email to the Human Resources office at email@example.com.
All employees of Briercrest College and Seminary are required to sign and adhere to our Institutional Covenant. Please review the covenant prior to submitting your application