Director of Counselling & Health Services
The Director of Counselling & Health Services is the chief steward of Counselling and Health Services for the students of Briercrest Christian Academy, College and Seminary (BCS) with a secondary role of service to associates. Health Services is administratively linked to BCS Student Development.
- Master’s Degree in Marriage and Family Counselling, or equivalent
- Preferred - Clinical Fellow/Approved Supervisor Membership status in the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy.
- Minimum of three (3) years in leadership in a Christian ministry position. Prior ministry in a counselling setting preferred.
- Formal experience in student development within an educational context.
- Superior, well-developed skills in counselling, administration, organization, and interpersonal.
- Support the goals and objectives of the Professional Association of Christian Counsellors and Psychotherapists.
- Actively support and promote the vision and mission of Briercrest College and Seminary.
DESIRED OUTCOMES AND ACTIVITIES
- To establish and facilitate the services necessary to meet the counselling and health needs of the students and associates of Briercrest Christian Academy, College and Seminary
- To develop, educate and promote the health model across the three schools
- To support the Seminary Counselling program by providing training opportunities for qualifying students
- To monitor institutional adherence to established health policies and practices
- To work with the Student Development Dean Team in addressing College and High School student development issues both within and outside the formal classroom context
- Ongoing development of the Health Services model (with policies and integrative systems), contributing to both preventative and remedial care for physical, psychological and spiritual health, thereby enabling students to focus on their studies.
- Promote, educate, and train faculty and Student/Residence Life staff in the Health Services model (i.e. Faculty meetings, Resident Life meetings, etc.).
- Actively maintain relationships with Student Development team members for the purpose of support and consultation throughout the year.
- Oversee the administration of the day-to-day operations of Health Services: Monitoring health of students, provision of information, liaison as called upon with health care providers and parents, provision and replenishing of institutional First Aid Kits, processing of non-Canadian student SK Health Card applications, coordination of YQ first Aid.
- Consultative resource to BCS and BCA faculty and administration when called upon.
- Oversee the development, maintenance, and implementation of Briercrest College and Seminary’s institutional Child Protection Policy, in conjunction with the HR office.
- Representation in the Moose Jaw Mental Health community for the purpose of supporting common objectives and for developing a system of networking and referral.
TEACHING AND SUPERVISION
- Support the Briercrest Seminary Counseling Program by providing an annual mentoring relationship through the Counselling Centre to qualifying Briercrest Seminary counselling student(s), and supervision of Seminary Counselling students who are deemed ready to do formal counseling
- Teach one course per year whether in the College or Seminary
- The Director of Counselling & Health Services reports to the Dean of Students and serves as a member of the Student Development Dean’s Team.
- The Director of Counselling & Health Services supervises the following positions/areas:
- Clinical Interns with Counselling Services
- Contract Counselors
Applicants should submit a cover letter, résumé/CV, names of three references and any specified documents by email to the Human Resources office at email@example.com.
All employees of Briercrest College and Seminary are required to sign and adhere to our Institutional Covenant. Please review the covenant prior to submitting your application.
View our Institutional Covenant