Women's Basketball Coach
Briercrest Athletics is dedicated to preparing student athletes to become life champions through a transformational experience led by coaches who have moved past being solely transactional focused (using any form of motivation to gain the required performance) and are becoming transformational focused in all they do. Transformational coaching is focused on the person. It communicates, “I am here as a coach to help you grow not just as an athlete but as a whole person.” It has high performance expectations which requires the coach to understand the spiritual, mental, emotional and physical obstacles that each athlete is facing and how to help the athlete and team overcome the obstacles through a transformational process from the inside out.
The Head Coach will provide transformational leadership to their program and execute the overall athletic plan with their team.
- A commitment to be a follower of Jesus Christ as a way of life.
- Actively support and promote the vision and mission of Briercrest College and Seminary
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required but a Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Related work experience in coaching and leading a basketball program is required.
- Experience in transformational coaching and leadership is preferred.
- Has completed or is completing appropriate certification for post-secondary athletics (i.e. National Coaching Certification Program - NCCP Level 2).
- Administrative, technical and financial skills needed to be successful in the role.
DESIRED OUTCOMES AND ACTIVITIES
The candidate will be responsible to positively contribute to the department and institution’s purpose through decisions and actions that further the department and the institution. They will adhere to the ACAC Operating Code. They will be expected to manage internal and external relationships regarding the department and their program. They will be a key link with the alumni of the program. They will oversee all social media platforms that the program engages (adhering to the institutions social media guidelines).
The candidate will focus efforts on building the program through recruitment and retention of mission fit student-athletes and team staff. They will develop and maintain success factors with aligning processes for the players and the team to achieve success on the court. They will utilize technology in coaching their team (i.e. stats, video analysis). They will be asked to be innovative in their coaching approach of games and practices. They will be fiscally responsible for their budget. They will lead and develop their off-season club and camp programs.
The candidate will be responsible for the development of the athletes holistically. They will be responsible to promote and develop an environment where spiritual, mental and emotional growth is intentional and academic success/degree completion is prioritized.
- This position will report to Athletic Director.
- This position will work as a team member with the athletic department staff and coaches.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, résumé/CV, names of three references and any specified documents by email to the Human Resources office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All employees of Briercrest College and Seminary are required to sign and adhere to our Institutional Covenant. Please review the covenant prior to submitting your application.
View our Institutional Covenant