The Campus Operations Department serves the Institution by assisting staff and faculty in the task of training and preparing students for a life of ministry by keeping facilities in good and safe repair and by helping others to utilize the facilities efficiently.
The purpose of this position is to assist in keeping all facilities and their components in a state of cleanliness, and to respond to calls for required cleaning situations. Early morning, evening and weekend hours of work may be required.
Note: There are two 30hr/week positions available
- Agreement to live within the Briercrest Institutional Covenant and align with the mission, vision, and values of Briercrest College and Seminary
- The ability to work well as a member of a team
- The individual will need to be able to lift loads to the allowable weight limit of 35 kg as specified by Workers Compensation. On occasion other lifting with help of devise or another person as well.
- Able to complete tasks as given by the supervisor with minimal supervision
- Able to work independently
- Knowledge of cleaning supplies is an asset
- Currently has or is able to obtain WHMIS 2015 certification
- Using the cleaning procedures and only the supplies provided by the custodial supervisor, the following tasks are to be completed daily in the areas assigned:
- Vacuuming/mopping/sweeping floors
- Cleaning bathrooms including all fixtures and flooring
- Collecting and disposing of garbage
- Cleaning surfaces incl. countertops, desks, railings, mirrors, windows, walls, doors & stairs
- Other duties as given by the Custodial supervisor including work during conferences and special events, stripping and resealing floors, and steam cleaning carpets.
- This position will report to the Custodial Supervisor.
- This position will work with Campus Operations team
To apply, please email a cover letter, résumé/CV, names of three references to the Human Resources office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All employees of Briercrest College and Seminary are required to sign and adhere to our Institutional Covenant. Please review the covenant prior to submitting your application