BCA Boy's Residence Director
The BCA Residence Director (RD) is responsible for the quality of life experienced by the BCA students living in residence. The priority is to provide leadership and direction, discipleship and when necessary, discipline within the specifically assigned residence(s).
The priority of Student Development is to facilitate the spiritual, academic, co-curricular and relational development and success of students who are living in residence while studying at Briercrest. We aim to provide residence students with a safe, secure, and supportive home base from which to conduct their endeavors during their time on campus. We desire that each student in our care realizes all that God had in mind for them when He directed them to this school, whether that is of an academic nature, or otherwise.
Note: Briercrest is seeking to hire two term positions from Aug 1, 2023 – Jul 31, 2024 (One 40 hrs/wk position, one 30 hrs/wk position)
- Agreement to live within the Briercrest Institutional Covenant and align with the mission, vision, and values of Briercrest College and Seminary
- Applicants must have a heart for God and a love and understanding of young people.
- The successful candidate will have a heart for the importance of Student Development work and a firm conviction of the importance and role of the residence life experience in educating, equipping, and facilitating student’s growth and maturity.
- B.A. or equivalent strongly preferred
- Previous relevant experience is beneficial
- Capacity to work with a high degree of autonomy, and possessing good administrative, interpersonal, communication, and management ability.
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
- Ability to train and motivate youth.
DESIRED OUTCOMES AND ACTIVITIES
- Mentoring and leading both the team of student leaders (college aged) and students (BCA) within their residence(s). Promote the integration of biblical principles in everyday life.
- Counsel and Care: Offering prayer support and counsel in challenging situations. Refer when necessary.
- Parental and Departmental Communication: Acting as a liaison, ensuring clear and open communication between school, Student Development, and parents as necessary. (Other examples: liaising with Prairie Hockey Academy staff and/or BCA staff and faculty.)
- Intentional connections with all students and student leaders within your residence(s) each semester.
- Model integrity and provide accountability to the BCA Dorm Resident’s Code. Provide intervention and discipline as necessary and coordinate with BCA Senior Director (SD) and/or the Dean of Students on more serious issues
- Develop and nurture a positive overall residential atmosphere that is safe and secure and encourages healthy spiritual, academic, and social development.
- Conduct regular cleanliness inspections of dorm rooms and common areas.
- Support or facilitate dorm events in collaboration with Resident Advisors (RAs).
- Conduct a systematic contact program during the summer that initiates meaningful contact with each student within their residence from the previous year.
- Typically, be the first responder to student needs and crisis as they arise. Refer when necessary.
- Direct supervision for all RAs (college-aged student leaders) within the residence(s) under their care.
- Support the leadership and oversight of the BCA SD.
- Review enrollment file for each new incoming student (coordinated with BCA Administrator) and initiate contact with new students as soon as possible.
- Aid in the placement of students, coordinated with the BCA SD.
- Accurate reporting and record-keeping of student issues and concerns.
- Help with residence(s) preparation for school opening (August) and closing (June).
- Communicate residence(s) needs and upkeep to BCA SD and Dean of Students.
- Participate in the Spring Clean-Up of residence(s) in cooperation with Campus Operations.
- Attend weekly Student Development Check-In meetings.
- Attend weekly BCA Leadership meetings.
- Invest in building positive and cooperative working relationships with other Student Development team members.
- Attend bi-weekly one on one with the Dean of Students.
- The BCA RD’s report directly to the Sr BCA Residence Director.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, résumé/CV, names of three references and any specified documents by email to the Human Resources Department (email@example.com).
All employees of Briercrest College and Seminary are required to sign and adhere to our Institutional Covenant. Please review the covenant prior to submitting your application.